Wind Turbine Spinners
BFG International supports some of the world’s largest wind energy OEMs, including General Electric, Hitachi, LeitWind, and Gamesa, by providing lightweight, high performance spinners for wind turbines.
The spinner, also known as a nose cone, is configured to be mounted on a hub of a wind turbine to which the rotor blades are connected. Strong, durable and configurable, BFG International’s spinners are characterised by superior weathering properties and excellent corrosion and fire resistance. A UV-resistant gel coat is applied to further improve the life span of the spinners.
Spinner tooling is built in-house at BFG International, with engineered features that can increase productivity and reduce costs. BFG International produces various sizes and types of spinners at its facility in India, with the ability to bring other facilities online to meet regional delivery requirements.
Summary of BFG International’s factory capabilities for spinner manufacturing:
- 3-D CAD/CAM modelling
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- Design and engineering consultation
- Pattern fabrication
- Low-cost production mould fabrication
- Jigs and fixtures design and fabrication
- Prototype development
- On-site first article inspection
- Vaccuum Bag Moulding
- Light Resin Transfer Moulding
- Vacuum Infusion Moulding
- Open Moulding (Hand Layup, Sprayup)
- In Mould Coating
- Bonding and assembly
- Composite tooling manufacture
- Prime and topcoat paint capabilities
- Painted, or gel-coated surface finishes
- Secondary hardware integration
- Value-added assembly services